Meyers, Roman, Friedberg & Lewis is proud to offer our clients “green” business services, to assist our clients in meeting the growing demand for sustainable, energy-efficient development practices. The legal jurisprudence on critical energy issues continues to evolve and grow ever-more complex. Our interdisciplinary approach to sustainability allows us to use our knowledge and experience in real estate and land use, business and corporate finance, intellectual property, litigation, government relations and public policy, regulatory matters and tax, including incentives and credits.
Our attorneys assist companies in improving their bottom line by developing practical steps to reduce a company’s carbon footprint, to take advantage of tax incentives and to utilize connections within the community to take advantage of new business opportunities in solar, wind power, technology and other green initiatives.
Our experienced business attorneys will guide your company through issues of finance, corporate formation, governmental and tax incentives, real estate, construction and litigation. We can assist your organization in assessing the risks associated with green building projects, including LEED certification and draft contract provisions to limit exposure. Our attorneys are also available to assist your business in sustainability, recycling and the tax incentives available for green initiatives.
With our wide scope of green & sustainability law experience, we regularly counsel our clients in:
- project development, promotion, siting, permitting, acquisition and financing of renewable energy facilities and projects
- launching or expanding businesses which manufacture and sell sustainable products and services
- lobbying on sustainability issues for clients
- litigation before courts, agencies or commissions relating to green and sustainability matters
- assessing tax issues, including tax credits, tax abatements, and choice of business structure to optimize tax benefits